Friday, July 28, 2023

20 Los Arcos

After checked into Albergue, I walked to town for some food and wine.  I settled in at the town square where Iglesia de Santa Maria located.  Kristin walked in and I waved at her and invited her to seat with me.  She said she had already had some food earlier but would join me for a glass of wine.   Afterwards we went inside the Church of St Mary.

The Church of St Mary features several styles, the result of being rebuilt in the 16th century and completed in the 18th century. It has a Latin cross plan, with one single nave in Greco-Roman style. The Baroque influence is noticeable in the profuse decoration (plaster, paintings and altarpieces), very rich and spectacular. The temple is topped by a huge Renaissance tower built in the 16th century.

After visited the Church, Kristin and I went out into the town and found another place for more food and wine tasting till we returned back to the hostel completed happy and ready for rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment