Sunday, October 8, 2023

33 Day 16 Walking Camino- from Villa Franca to San Juan de Ortega

Day 16: Villa Franca to San Juan de Ortega, ~ 12km

(June 14, 2023)

The terrain today on the walk was a stark departure from my previous hiking experiences.

The initial hour consisted of a steady ascent, beginning right after departing from the Albergue. I soon found myself entered in a forest, transitioning from narrow paths to wider, open roads rather than the open fields I was accustomed to. All the way, we walked on none of the parts that were shared with cars.

It wasn't until the last half kilometer to the town that I finally reached the familiar open fields I had encountered before. From Villa Franca to San Juan de Ortega, there were no other towns or villages in between.

The forest held some impressive trees, some of them thriving in the darker, shaded environment.

During my journey, I unexpectedly ran into the French couple friends as they were walking with a couple of their acquaintances, one of whom spoke English, allowing us to communicate through an interpreter. Finally, I learned the couple's names: Bernard and Micheal.

As usual, there were wildflowers along the way, but this time they had a distinct appearance compared to the ones I had seen before. I suppose these were the varieties that thrived in the forest.

Despite it being a relatively short walk, the road was bustling with fellow walkers. I was rarely alone for long as others continuously passed me by. It was a busy day on the Camino!




No comments:

Post a Comment