Thursday, October 26, 2023

43 Farewell Burgos and Camino!

On June 19th, I spent the last couple of hours in the morning with Steve, a follow pilgrim from California. We went out for some coffee and walked around the town, took more photos then finally I said goodbye to Steve and Burgos on the bus to Bilbo.

Steve speaks fluent Spanish and a charming handsome man; I immediately had a crush on him. It was hard to say goodbye, but we stayed in touch after Burgos.

Steve left home in May to walk the Camino and had completed that walk in July and afterwards, started a  "Summer of Yes" adventures journey since.  Right now, he has traveled to 33 countries and still counting.  Once I asked him of his reason for walking Camino.  He said it was a way for him to address the grief of losing his brother.  

Today is my last day on the Camino. It was very hard to say farewell but I know I will be back to continue my walk next year! I can't wait.

Me with Steve

One more coffee



 Burgos Cathedral (I wore Steve's blue shirt since it looked so handsome on him)




Me with a Man and a child

No comments:

Post a Comment