Friday, June 30, 2023

13 A moment with my Camino Family in a Heavenly Place

At Trinidad de Arre Pilgrims Hostel- Holy Trinity Basilica, I had my first family dinner with my Camino family. It was a special gathering with Maria and her daughter Frieda, Lilian, me, Antonio, and Nina, along with Stephen.

The day began checking in together with Maria, Frieda from Germany, Lilian and Me from China and US, Stephen from Sweden. As dinner time approached, Nina from Germany and Antonio from Italy also arrived, completing our group.

Stephen, Maria, and Nina took charge of cooking dinner for us to share. Antonio brought bread, cheese, and Spanish meats. I was in charge of cleaning after the dinner.

We gathered around a large dining table in the spacious kitchen, finding joy in conversation, laughter, and a true sense of family togetherness, despite being away from our own families back home in our respective countries.

After dinner, Stephen and I went out to take some photos near the bridge and its surroundings. 

Returning to the Basilica, we settled in the yard which was surrounded by rose bushes in full bloom and fruit-laden trees, watching cats roam around and admiring the gardens, I felt as if I were living in a heavenly place.

The Basilica provided several sleeping quarters.  Maria, Frieda, Lilian, and I shared a cozy small room. Stephen and Antonio occupied the largest room, while Nina enjoyed her own comfortable space in a mid-sized room. At Nina's request, we set alarm for 7:30 am the following morning.  Nina wanted us to enjoy a leisurely start rather than rushing out like on other days.

 I took some photos of us, inside and outside the Basilica with the bridge just outside:


This running water once was a working mill as show in this post below:

No comments:

Post a Comment